1.20.2008

Is It So Wrong?

Is it so wrong to be a sports fan and to love one's respective teams? This is a constant argument or uncomfortable conversation that I continue to have with one of my best friends. I always come away from it pissed off and wondering why I even have to answer.

As a devoted fan of the Miami Hurricanes and Dolphins and my Atlanta Braves, it sucks! All of my teams seem to be in a bad place right now, there is light at the end of the tunnel but that's not the topic of this particular entry, the point is: Why would someone choose such pain unless it was a passion? I grew up loving sports, unfortunately. Don't get me wrong, we all know that when our teams win and win championships, it's orgasmic, but when they lose it's painful and heartbreaking. So, why would one choose this passion? Why would one choose this pain?

I know, I'm being a bit dramatic but I'm trying to get my point across. I'm done making excuses for what I love; it's who I am (LA CHICA!) and if people don't like it then don't deal with me.

So today, I'm going to continue on my merry way and watch some football. I hope you do the same.

Ciao.

No comments: