5.17.2007

Preakness And Other Stuff

I know that the majority of you do not care about horse racing, the Triple Crown, cycling, the America's Cup, and other non football sports, but I don't care. Don't get a Chica wrong, I would much rather be watching college football than most any other sport but it's not September! So, we must live in the moment and celebrate what we have this time of year.

That said, this Saturday is the second leg of the Triple Crown with the Preakness Stakes. The Kentucky Derby winner, Street Sense, is the favorite to win so let's keep our fingers crossed and pray he does! The last Triple Crown winner was in 1978 with Affirmed so we are due. Not to mention, who can remember that?? As we all remember, it was in the Preakness last year that Barbaro suffered his broken leg; let's hope and pray there are no injuries this time around.

Also, if you're home on Sunday, check out the America's Cup and Giro d'Italia on the Versus network. America's Cup is yachting and the Giro is cycling for those of you who are challenged in international sports. I'm just saying!

I know, I know, it's not football or even baseball but we have a long way to go in the baseball season and the start of summer is not technically upon us yet so I have plenty of time to discuss the "bigs". Don't you worry, I'll be talking about my Braves soon enough because they are kicking ass thus far this season. (For those of you interested, check out the latest on the Braves getting sold: http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2872771)

Alright, freakies, check back with La Chica later. Ciaosito!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

actually la chica- dawg diva wants to talk about how the Lady Dawgs won the National title in Gymnastics, the guys won the national title in Golf, and the tennis guys are in the semis.

I know-it isn't football, but I am just sayin...

SportsChica said...

Dawg Diva,
I am jonesing for football just as much as you! It's going to be a long, hot summer.