7.23.2007

It's Not A Racial Thing

Hola sports freakies. La Chica just returned from a fabulous trip to south Florida. I'm all tan and ready to go!

Needless to say, I've been out of the loop on any web readings about sports or any other news. So, forgive me if this is old news to you guys. I just read an article from ajc.com (yes, I dislike them too but it was out there....) about Michael Vick lacking leadership skills. What got to me was not the article itself but the comments that readers wrote in. It seems that some people are making this whole Michael Vick dogfighting disgrace into a racial thing. IT'S NOT!

Coming from a huge animal lover (especially doggies), it wouldn't matter to me if Vick were white, black, latin, asian, or a scientologist (alien) etc. The fact of the matter is he is under indictment for animal cruelty among other things. He's under indictment because the federal government found evidence to do so. Not because he's black or a sports star. So, can we please not play the race card on this?

Speaking for myself, I don't care what color he is but if he's guilty, which I think he is, then let his stupid ass burn in prison for awhile because he deserves it. 'Nuff said.

Check out the article and comments I'm talking about at: http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/ajc/sportscolumns/entries/2007/07/22/has_vick_lost_h.html?cxntnid=sprt072307e

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated".
Mahatma Gandhi

I'm just saying!

No comments: