7.24.2007

Another Cycling Scandal

I'm sure I'm one of the few people in this country watching Le Tour de France but whatever. I find it amazing and quite stupid that after all this sport has been through, some of its athletes continue to cheat and dope.

I catch up with Le Tour on the Versus channel each evening and last night I watched this cyclist win another stage in this year's tour. It was something to watch him climb those Pyrenees mountains and win the stage all by himself ahead of the peloton by 5 minutes or more. I'm intrigued by their abilities and respect them....until I hear this: http://sports.yahoo.com/sc/news?slug=ap-tourdefrance-vinokourov&prov=ap&type=lgns

Alexandre Vinokourov of the Astana team got caught doping by getting a blood transfusion before he won the time trial held on Saturday. This prompted his team to quit this year's tour all together.

Have these guys not learned anything from the past? Do they not remember Floyd Landis? At least no animals were hurt by this act.

No comments: