3.12.2007

The Way to Atlanta...

This time of year is always special. The weather turns warmer, Spring flowers start to bloom and the time changes. Not to mention, it's March Madness season. I love college basketball because the champion is decided truly. There are no BCS bullshit polls to deal with and no personal biases to contend with either. It's settled on the court by the 65 teams who have earned a right to play for the national championship. And by the way, if your team doesn't make it to the Dance, then they really do not deserve it; if you can't make it in the top 65 in the nation, just call it a year.

Having said all this, your Chica is just not very hyped and excited about this year's tourney. I have no explanation for this, I mean the Final Four is in my city this year, that's reason enough to be giddy. However, La Chica will be cruising on a huge ship in the Mexican Riviera when championship weekend is upon us. Maybe that's the reason for my lack of enthusiasm?

The other factor that could be held accountable is that I have "no dogs in the fight" this season. Hell, UConn didn't even make the tournament! Honestly, the teams I'm cheering for are the ones who are playing against Florida and Ohio State. And quite frankly, that's not enough reason to fill out a bracket, send in my $20 bucks and watch all the games.

Don't get me wrong freaks, your Chica will be watching the games but it's just not the same for me this year.....sniff sniff.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If football did the same thing that Hoodball did then none of the games during the season would matter. This is what Hoodball has become, no one watches it till the end of March.

Having said that I like the fact that these kids are playing for thier teams and not for the draft. Because if they were all that they would have come out of the Highschool prep league into the NBA already.

I am watching this spring for one reason, my where waldo like search for a Hoodball player that doesn't have a tattoo....I do not think they are out there.

SportsChica said...

Test comment, please disregard.

Anonymous said...

GO GATORS!!! SEC Champs, Baby!!!

The Gator Nation's getting spoiled.

What are the odds of a THREE-PEAT!!!! How dreamy....