3.29.2007

Final Four In My City

Spring has sprung and the city is a buzz. The dogwoods have bloomed, the grass has turned green and the pollen has smothered the city. Oh and the Final Four is this weekend in Atlanta, my hometown. Off topic really quick: To see the most beautiful Dogwood tree ever, go to Myrtle Street in Midtown. Seriously.

Alright back to this weekend and the Final Four, I was going to do my usual picks but honestly, does it really matter? Will your Chica make the correct picks? Most likely not and I know that. My prognostication (there's that fun word again) skills have not improved since football season so I'm letting it go. I've decided to just briefly write about my cheerful thoughts on this Final Four in my city even though it's making me feel a bit melancholy because I will not be here.

As I've stated before, I'm headed on a fabulous cruise for a week to the Mexican Riviera and will miss the Final Four. Again, I'm a bit sad about this because the hoopla that surrounds the tournament is pure enjoyment. However let's be honest shall we: Should a chica, who cheers emphatically for the Miami Hurricanes, be surrounded by a bunch of Gators and Buckeyes? I'm going to say "no".

So, to all my freaks who have tickets to the Dance, be safe and please do not get into any fights. You know who you are! Some of ya'll (how's that for Southern speak) are downright nasty and wouldn't mind physically harming some of these kids playing the game so watch yourselves.

Think of La Sportschica as I sail on the Pacific and drink champagne from my cabin balcony and try hard as I might not to fall off. I will certainly be thinking about my little city in the forest and will miss all the merriment. Enjoy and GO GEORGETOWN HOYAS!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn! Too bad about them Hoyas. With the Buckeyes in another championship game, I guess it's back into counseling for Sports Chica. I sure hope insurance pays for that.

Go Thundering Herd!

SportsChica said...

Trigeek,
Damn! Too bad the Florida Gators beat your ass again!! At least the Canes have beaten the Gators the last 4 or more times THEY have played them. Something your school has tried twice in 2 months and still can't do! So sorry about that. Honestly, I'd rather not go to a championship if I'm gonna get my ass BEAT each time.