2.05.2007

Good For Them

I'm going to just get to the point and discuss my opinions about La Super Bowl.

Let me begin by saying that I LOVE that Devin Hester ran the kickoff back all the way! And let me also say that your Chica called that play before it happened. I believe my exact words were "watch Hester run it all the way back" or something similiar to that. Regardless, I called it. I wanted Indy to win but that was entertaining and it represented Cane nation in a positive way during a negative season. Good for him.

How about Peyton and the Colts? My friends tease me about being such a sports fanatic but still being a "girl". This is going to sound girly but who cares: I love that Tony Dungy won this Super Bowl. As I wrote last week, he's a class act and after the death of his son, he and his family needed something great and here it is. No, it's not going to bring back his child but it's still a feel good story. Good for Tony!

Rex Grossman, hmmm, what can I say. It wasn't all his fault that the Bears lost but all of those interceptions did not help their cause in the least. I almost felt sorry for him but then I caught myself and got over it. Buck up Rexy, it wasn't completely your fault. Your defense couldn't stop my little 12 pound Shih Tzu last night!!! I'm just sayin'.

And then there was Prince! Um, for those of us who grew up in the 80s, that show kicked it. I'm so glad that there were no American Idols, no Jessica Simpsons, etc. This man rocked the Super Bowl last night.....good for Prince!

As for the commercials, I kind of missed them. La Chica was at a sports bar watching the game and while the sound was up, it's still kind of hard to hear everything. Oh well. Good for me.

2 comments:

SportsChica said...

What about the first 2 touchdowns being scored by former Miami Hurricanes!!!

Anonymous said...

Who cares about the SEC? One of the two quarterbacks SUCKED, why would you be proud of that?