8.22.2008

That Time of the Year

Hola Freaks! It's that time of the year again so most of us are so happy. I'm so ready to bid farewell to summer and bring on the crispy Saturdays of fall. BRING IT!

With that said, I've been out of the loop due to the day job but here are the picks for next week's games. I know, it's a bit early but I need to do it while the doing it is good. I'm going to change it up during the season and maybe add a little "spread" but for this first entry, let's just do it the good ole fashioned way.

I'm going to warn you, the pickings are slim. It's the first weekend of the year and every team is playing a weak-ass opponent and I'm not going to waste my time surveying those games. Here are 3 games I am interested in and of these 3, only 2 involved teams that are both ranked.

Saturday
#24 Alabama vs #9 Clemson - This game should be awesome. It's in Death Valley and for those of you who have been to a game at Clemson, you know it is louder than hell up in there! I hope Clemson doesn't lay a fat egg and choke as they normally do. I hate Alabama and I hate their coach so for that reason alone, I'm pulling for the Tigers! Clemson wins (I hope). 8:00 on ABC

#20 Illinois vs #6 Missouri - No, these are not typos, yes both Illinois and Missouri are ranked in the top 25 to begin the season. One wonders how upside down the universe is when these 2 loser teams are ranked and meanwhile, my beloved Hurricanes might lose to Charleston-Southern.....sigh. I don't care about this game in the slightest but I'm going to pick Mizzou. 8:30 on ESPN

Monday
#18 Tennessee vs UCLA - There are many things that I love about the opening weekend of college football but in the last couple of years, the main thing is that there is at least one game on each night starting on the Thursday before the first weekend.....God bless this wonderful country. The Vols should destroy UCLA but it will be fun to watch the Bruins and their new coach Rick Neuhisel. I know I completely butchered the spelling of his last name but you know who I'm talking about. Going with Tennessee on this one. 8:00 on ESPN

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have been out of the loop. The Clemson and Alabama game is in the GA Dome and is either Wed. or Thursday this week

SportsChica said...

Dear anonymous poster,
Then ESPN is out of the loop because according to them, the Clemson/Ala game is this Saturday at 8:00pm ET:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/schedules

Anonymous said...

http://clemsontigers.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/clem-m-footbl-sched.html

According to Clemson's website, they will be in da ATL on Sat.

I just talked to JC and he thought it was Thu. Soooo confused.

Anonymous said...

OK, found it. NC State and SC go at it tomorrow night at 8. You are right about the time and date for AL/Clemson, but it is at the Dome fo sho: http://www.gadome.com/events/all.html

Anonymous said...

Game Day is in the ATL