8.07.2008

Favre to NYC!

Evening sports freakitos. It's been awhile! I'm in Chicago for work but I couldn't resist writing this entry.

It's almost mid August and we all know that means football is right around the corner; I'm going to put together an entry on the preseason college polls but what do you guys think about Georgia getting a number 1 ranking? Is it deserved? Is this finally Georgia's year (hell it's been 28!)? Or, is this preseason ranking the kiss of death? I can't wait to find out.

Now, we'll discuss all that later but as you guys have heard by now, Brett (1 t or 2?) Favre is headed back to the NFL to the NY Jets! Unbelieveable.

Thoughts? Of course, now we have to continue to hear about whether or not he's going to retire after this season or if he's coming back. Or, if he retires, if he's going to come back after he retires. Or, if he doesn't retire, will he retire, BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH! I'm so sick of it.

3 comments:

Mongo Pusher said...

Chica...It's time to get some Dolphins talk going!

SportsChica said...

Hi Mongo Pusher,

There are several things that suck about not living in south florida and one of them is getting a Dolphins preseason game televised here in Atlanta. I have yet to see my fish play but I'm hearing good things about them. I know it's still preseason but I'm excited.

I hate that Jason Taylor is gone but....

Mongo Pusher said...

I have NFL Network on DIRECTV, and I've been able to see the Jax and KC games on replay. Pennington looks good, Henne will be the #2, they'll probably release or trade Beck. The defense is flying around and Ricky looks "great" at tailback. I think we'll have a ball-control, Dallas-style team this year. Things are looking up!