8.31.2006

What The....
I need to defend my posts and answer some of the "pressing" questions posed upon the SportsChica:

Starting with "the Canes should be on Court TV": This is laughable to me considering the poster is an obvious Florida State fan and his team is dubbed as the Creminoles. Get a new joke Tait!

At least the head coach at Miami suspends his players for any actions on and off the field (See Ryan Moore). Bobby Bowden will let his players play the "dadgum" game regardless of how many items are stolen. I didn't want to go there because I actually like the old man but I had to.

To my buddy who questions my knowledge of the In-Field Fly Out rule: I'm sure I will have plenty of opportunity to teach you what it means, Atlcane. Don't worry, a lot of guys your age don't know what it means either.

And another thing, Georgia Tech certainly has a shot at beating Notre Dame this Saturday especially since the ND defense is the same as last year's. Of course it means that Reggie Ball must play almost flawless football but stranger things have happened such as actual FSU football players graduating from college.

Dolphins vs Steelers bet: I take it you're picking the Steelers, correct? I'll take the Dolphins over the Steelers next Thursday night. Let's talk points later. By the way, my new beverage of choice is Veuve Clicquot.

Lastly, Trigeek and the '03 Fiesta Bowl question:
What would you credit as the reason why Miami lost the '03 Fiesta Bowl to a heavy underdog, Ohio State? Do you believe:
A) Ohio State outplayed Miami
B) Jim Tressel outcoached Larry Coker
C) the Miami players were dreaming of South Beach
D) all of the above?

My only response to you is Terry Porter.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm still curious about this whole '03 Fiesta Bowl thing. Please set me straight. Was it Terry Porter the referee who, just a few minutes before the end of regulation, ruled a Craig Krenzel completion to Chris Gamble out of bounds, even though replays clearly showed him in bounds? A properly ruled completion would've given OSU a first down and allowed the Buckeyes to run out the clock in regulation.

Maybe he was also the back judge who, late in the first half, was so enthralled admiring a Miami interception that he didn't notice the reason for the Miami DB being so "wide open", that being that another Miami DB had just mauled Michael Jenkins while the ball was in the air. No interference call, or arrest for assault and battery, was made and the INT stood, thus killing a potential OSU scoring drive.

Anonymous said...

Trigeek, you need to let it go, you are the one who brought up the stupid Fiesta Bowl. Just to be clear about this, I am not a Miami fan and even I feel they got screwed by that call! The game would have been over had it not been for that ridiculous and blatant late call.

Also, another quick note, Ohio State fans should not be talking about assaults, arrests, etc., your program is about as dirty as they come. Let's not even mention Maurice Clarett!

Anonymous said...

I said it a little to subtle last time. I won't this time

Trigeek is a LOOOOOOSSSSSSEEEEEERRRR

Living for one game....

can anyone say Al Bundy

For the record...not a Miami fan either